Pregnancy is an exciting time for the whole family. As you prepare for the arrival of your bundle of joy, it’s important to plan ahead and make the most of this special time.
The excitement and anticipation that comes with a pregnancy has everything to do with enhancing your home life and family circle. You’re making plans for a complete new home set-up and change of life – and you also need to plan for how you’ll manage going back to work just a few months after baby is born. It’s best to consider all your options upfront giving peace of mind going forward and so everything’s in place once you get back to work.
Here are some tips to help you.
On the work front
- Tell your boss and HR about your pregnancy and when your due date is.
- Find out the details of your company’s HR maternity leave policy. Fill out all the paperwork sooner rather than later.
- Prepare a detailed handover. This will require you to list the things you do, delegate activities that can be delegated, and inform colleagues about important deadlines that may be looming and any other work details that they will need to execute while you’re gone.
- Get your files and documents in order so that colleagues can easily access information they may need.
On the health cover front
- There is a lot of unexpected administration that can arise from adding a new member to your family.
- Check your Liberty Health Cover maternity benefits to find a paediatrician in our provider network. If you’ll have extra costs, make a plan to cover them.
- Find out about when you can start getting cover for your baby and do any paperwork you need to make sure they’re covered from the start.
Check the Liberty Health Cover Membership Guide for details on our maternity benefits. You can find the Guide in the Downloads section of the website, or contact your nearest office to enquire.