Liberty Universal Gap Cover offers trusted medical scheme top-up protection with high levels of cover across a comprehensive range of treatment cost shortfalls.
Cover includes comprehensive Medical Expense Shortfall Cover up to R182 700 per person insured by the policy in a calendar year, and a number of additional health insurance benefits.
Medical Expense Shortfall Cover
Universal Gap Cover includes benefits such as:
- In-hospital cover for doctor and specialist charges up to 5 times the medical scheme tariff.
- Out-of-hospital cover for doctor and specialist charges up to 5 times the medical scheme tariff for approximately 50 out-of-hospital treatments.
- Medical scheme co-payment cover for hospital admissions, scans and certain surgical procedures.
- Emergency Room Cover for accidental injury.
- In addition to the above, Liberty Universal Gap Cover also includes: Non-network Co-payment Cover, Enhanced Cancer Cover, Internal Prosthesis and Artificial Joint Cover as well as In-hospital Dentistry Cover.
Health Insurance Benefits
Universal Gap Cover also offers the following health insurance benefits:
- Additional Cancer Cover (not included on Essential Gap Cover)
- Accidental Dentistry Cover
- Accidental Death and Permanent Disability Cover
- Trauma Counselling Cover, and
- Medical scheme and Gap policy premium waiver cover