This out-of hospital procedure is covered, so the shortfall on the charges in excess of the medical scheme tariff rate for the midwife/nurse will be covered by Liberty Gap Cover. This is provided that the claim is not subject to the 12-month pre-existing condition exclusion applicable to the first 12 months of cover.
Will Gap cover the costs if my wife has a home birth?
These may also be helpful
- What documentation is required to replace your existing Gap policy with Liberty Medical Gap Cover?
- Will my premium increase each year?
- To whom is the benefit paid?
- Must details of the medical scheme dependants be provided when taking out cover? And, must the policyholder notify the insurer of any dependants that should be removed from or added to the list of dependants insured under the policy?
- When does the policy terminate?
- Are day-to-day General Practitioner (GP) consultations covered?
- Is my partner covered under my Liberty Gap Cover policy?
- What cover exclusions exist for Liberty Gap Cover?
- What is an adult dependant?
- Does this policy have a surrender value?