This out-of hospital procedure is covered, so the shortfall on the charges in excess of the medical scheme tariff rate for the midwife/nurse will be covered by Liberty Gap Cover. This is provided that the claim is not subject to the 12-month pre-existing condition exclusion applicable to the first 12 months of cover.
Will Gap cover the costs if my wife has a home birth?
These may also be helpful
- What is an adult dependant?
- My 3 month old son is going for a circumcision and the doctor does not charge medical scheme rates. Will Liberty Gap cover the shortfall?
- I have had Gap Cover with another provider for 5 years and need an operation that requires an upfront co-payment. If I take out Liberty Gap Cover, will you cover the co-payment?
- What happens if I, as the policyholder, pass away before my spouse?
- Does Liberty Gap cover physiotherapy sessions?
- Why can we not automatically adjust the policy premium for a member on the single premium rate for under the age of 55, when they get dependants?
- Does Gap cover shortfalls in respect of fees charged by allied health professionals?
- My wife is due to give birth next month and the gyneacologist has advised that we must pay a R4 000 co-payment for the birth. Will my Liberty Gap Cover policy cover this co-payment?
- I have been diagnosed with skin cancer and have reached the medical scheme’s oncology treatment limit. If a 20% co-payment is levied for further treatment, will Liberty Gap cover this copayment?
- How long does it take to pay a claim?