Yes, you can only enjoy cover under this policy for as long as you remain a member of a South African registered medical scheme.
Do I need to be a member of a medical scheme to qualify for Liberty Gap Cover?
These may also be helpful
- What is an adult dependant?
- My 3 month old son is going for a circumcision and the doctor does not charge medical scheme rates. Will Liberty Gap cover the shortfall?
- Will I be required to go for a medical examination to qualify for cover?
- What documentation is required to replace your existing Gap policy with Liberty Medical Gap Cover?
- My medical scheme cover started last month. Can I backdate my Liberty Gap Cover to coincide with my medical scheme cover start date?
- Why can we not automatically adjust the policy premium for a member on the single premium rate for under the age of 55, when they get dependants?
- What waiting periods apply to Liberty Gap Cover?
- Who is covered? (applies to both policy options)
- Does the policy cover corrective jaw surgery, also known as orthognathic surgery?
- What out-of-hospital procedures are covered?